Tuesday 20 February 2018

MFT Olympics - Event#3 - Creative Biathlon

Hi everyone!
My last post for today. 
My entry for MFT Olympics - Event#3 - Creative Biathlon

For this challenge, I chose to combine the Inlaid die-cutting teachnique with a shaker card. Here is my card for the same.
I have used the MFT Mandal die for this card.



I took a pattern paper from the MFT Dots and Stripes Sorbet paper pad. Die cut the mandala with this paper. I die-cut 4 more mandalas using a matching plain paper. Stacked all the 4 layers together using liquid glue. Added the pattern paper mandala on top of the stacked die-cuts. On the negative image, I adhered a piece of acetate from the inside. Prepared the negative for the shaker card by adhering foam double tape all over it. I made two layers of the foam adhesive to create proper space for the shaker elements. On a white card base, I distressed the top panel using Worn Lipstick distress oxide and Fossilized amber distress oxide. Added the shaker elemnts and mounted the negative over the card base. Added the stacked mandalas over the negative space to create the inlaid mandala with raised effect. Laslty, Heat embossed the sentiment using white EP over black strip and foam mounted it across the centre of the mandala.

Few more pictures -




Thank you for stopping by!
Would truly appreciate your feedback!

Linking the card to the following challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment