Monday 19 February 2018

MFT Olympics #4 - Speed cardmaking

Hello...!
Back again with my next entry for the MFT Olympics Event # 4 - Speed Cardmaking

Cardmaking has never seemed to be so difficult. It may seem to be a very easy task when you see the completed card, but it is highly time-consuming. I realised this when I actually timed my card making for this event (MFT Olympics - Speed cardmaking)
I generally make my cards in parts step-wise and rarely complete them at a single sitting. 
So even though I had collected everything needed (I practically rehearsed the entire process in my mind several times... lol.. to make sure I do not skip anything) prior to the making of the card it took me a whole lot of  31 minutes to make this card.

So here goes my card!
I have used the MFT Geometric Greenery stamp set to make this card.



I masked off the entire card just keeping a small portion open, using scrap papers. 
I stamped the sentiment repeatedly within that portion using grey ink.
 I stamped the images, coloured them with zig markers and fussy cut them. 
I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set using white EP over the black strip. 
Next, I assembled the three leaves on the card, by directly sticking the first one flat on the card. The next two were mounted using foam adhesives to create some dimension on the card. 
Lastly, mounted the sentiment strip onto it with foam adhesive.  


And my card is ready!
I am sure next time around I can make this card much faster. 

Thank you for dropping by!

Linking my card to the following challenge-

No comments:

Post a Comment